You can dye your hair beautiful black, and cover your gray hair to black with pure henna and indigo, without paraphenylenediamine or any other chemicals! This is white hair dyed with henna, a combination of henna and indigo together, and indigo over henna. Many companies sell “Black Henna” which is most of the times not pure or safe to use.
How to use Indigo:
Dye your hair with henna first for the best result.
- Mix ZeniaⓇ Henna with lemon juice or warm water, and let the mixture paste to sit for 2-4 hours. The paste should be in the form of pancake batter so it is easy to apply.
- Use gloves to apply the paste covering the entire hair.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap and allow it to sit for 1 to 3 hours. Prevent the contact of the paste with your skin or else it will stain your skin .
- Rinse and wash your hair with water.
- Mix your ZeniaⓇ Indigo Powder with warm water or hot lemon juice and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes.
Tip: Add a pinch of salt to darken the Indigo paste so that it clings better to the hair strand.
- Use gloves to apply the paste evenly throughout your hair.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap and allow the paste to sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- Rinse out the paste with water.
Note: Your hair color may settle in 1-2 days. Color result may vary from person to person and it also depends on existing hair colors.
Amount of Zenia Indigo required
For shoulder length hairs: 100 grams
More than shoulder length: 150-200 grams
Up to Waist Length Hairs: 250-300 grams
Get 100g of indigo for every six inches of hair. Curly hair will need more.