Video by Katrinaosity
1. MIX & PREPARE
- Use quart size mixing bowl per full packet(3.5 oz/100 g) and a spoon to mix.
- Cover any surfaces that may stain: untreated wood, carpet, fabric, etc.
- Pour powder into bowl. One packet colors/treats straight, shoulder length hair.
- Add hot tap water (approx 120º F) gradually to the powder.
- Add little water at a time to get an applicable paste consistency.
(thick pudding or cake batter).
- Prepare hair for color or treatment. Divide hair into four sections:
front, left, right, back.
2. APPLY COLOR OR TREATMENT
- Apply directly to towel-dried hair using gloved hand or hair dye brush.
- Using gloved hand, scoop and apply the paste on back section (if crumbly, add water).
- From scalp and root of hair, work evenly to top of hair. Try for complete, even coverage.
- Methodically apply from back to front section. Take your time. Massage well into hair.
- Work all hennaed hair into a mound on top of head. Touch-up along all hair lines.
- When done, cover head with included plastic cap. Leave on for one to two hours.
- Note: Treatments peak after one hour. Colors deepen up to two hours.
3. RINSE & CONDITION
- Rinse out thoroughly (no shampoo) until all product removed. Then use conditioner.
- Note: Paste rinse-out may take a little time. Conditioner will help removal of dried paste.
- Blow dry hair for 10-15 minutes to accelerate natural color-changing process.
- Remember: It’s 100% natural. No added perfumes. Earthy scent will fade after rinsing.
Avoid shampooing for 24 hours. Avoid leave-in oil-based conditioners for first week. Henna-based dyes will take up to 48 hours to express true colors and undertones. Undertones can range from light red to green to blue before fully maturing—very normal (most blend within hours). You can reapply as often as you like. It’s all natural, safe, and gentle to hair, scalp, and skin.