Top 10 Natural Amla Powder Hair and Face Recipes
For many years Amla has been used in Ayurvedic medicines and so much more! Amla is also known as Indian gooseberry. Although it may look like just a small fruit, it is bursting with nutrients! It is loaded with iron, vitamin C, and calcium.
The use of amla powder can solve many hair problems. It can help with dandruff, hair loss, hair damage, and dry/brittle hair. When it is used regularly, amla powder can add shine to your hair and make your hair stronger. Not only does amla benefit hair but it is also very beneficial to the skin. Amla powder contains strong antioxidant/antibacterial properties and acts as an astringent which is very good for the skin. Amla face packs work well for oily and slightly dry skin and help minimize pores and create more firm skin. If you have extremely dry skin, an amla face pack may not be suitable. Using amla powder is super simple! There is no need to go through the tedious process of drying and grinding the amla. All of this has already been done for you! These are a couple ways you can use amla powder:
- To create an Anti-dandruff pack: Put the amla powder in a bowl and add in 2 teaspoons of shikakai powder. Next, mix in some plain yogurt to the bowl. This will create a paste. Then apply the mixture to your scalp and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. Lastly, rinse the hair with water. If you would like to use a shampoo use a mild one and refrain from using anything harsh products.
- To tone the face and reduce oily skin: Create a paste with 2 tablespoon amla powder and rose water. Next apply it on the face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Repeat this process twice a week to reduce oil and maintain fresh healthy skin.
- A face pack to reduce any skin pigmentation: Mix 2 tablespoons of amla powder and 2 tablespoons mashed papaya. Apply this mixture on your face using a cotton ball and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then, rinse it off with cool water. Repeat every other day for a couple of weeks.
- To Lighten & Brighten The Skin: Amla is effective for lightening & brightening the skin because it is rich in Vitamin C. Ingredients - Papaya, Indian gooseberry paste & Honey - Recipe :- 1). You can take mashed pieces of papaya. 2). You can add one teaspoon of Amla paste into it. 3). Add half a teaspoon of honey to it. Now, mix it well to form a smooth mixture and paste. 4). You can apply it and then leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it well with lukewarm water.
- A scrub to reduce skin pigmentation: Add one teaspoon of tamarind paste to one teaspoon of amla powder and then while mixing itadd water till it is the consistency of a scrub. Next, you apply the paste to your face and leave it for about ten minutes and then rinse it off. This is suitable for people with normal skin as well as dry skin.
- To prevent hair fall: Amla is loaded with all the necessary fatty acids. This helps moisturize the hair so it is no longer dry and gives it a healthier appearance. To make this mask all you have to do is mix the amla powder with water and a few drops of lemon juice. Next, apply it on your hair and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off.
- To help reduce split ends: Mix together 1 tablespoon of both henna and amla powder in a bowl. Then, add some plain yogurt and mix everything together till it becomes a nice paste. Next, wet the hair slightly so it is damp and put the paste on the ends of the hair. Once the paste has been on for about an hour rinse the hair with a gentle shampoo.
- To make your hair healthier and stronger: First, add 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in water and let it soak for 6-7 hours. After the fenugreek has softened grind it till you create a paste. Next, mix in 1 tablespoon of amla powder and yogurt to it. Mix till it becomes a nice paste. Once the paste is done rub it into your scalp and work your way to the bottom of the hair. Be sure to get the driest part of your hair, the ends! Leave the paste on the hair for about an hour and then rinse it off with a gentle shampoo.
- For dry hair and hair growth: Mix together 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon of honey in a bowl with 1 tablespoon amla powder until it forms a paste with a thick consistency. Next, wet the hair slightly so it is damp before applying the hair pack and wait till the paste has dried and rinse it off a gentle shampoo.
- To create a natural shampoo: Amla can serve as a very good shampoo when combined with other ingredients. Be sure to only use an iron or steel bowl! Add reetha powder and shikakai powder to the amla powder using the same ratio. Then, add some water and mix them together till it is the consistency of a shampoo. Let this sit overnight and wash your hair with it the next morning. Avoid using a chemical based shampoo after this natural shampoo for best results.